Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Be Joyful onto The Lord and Rejoice

Just writing the word "joy" brings a smile to my face. Look at the word:

J O Y

Doesn't it make you smile as well?

I've been looking forward to writing this post; however a bipolar episode got in the way. I wasn't so joyful then. I was fragile and crying and afraid of the bad voices attacking me. It was anything but a joyful time, but always, in the back of my mind, this blog post hovered. 

Philippians 4:4 "Rejoice in The Lord always; and again I say, Rejoice."

Even through the bipolar episode, I knew God had my back. He guided me through the darkness and through the severe allergic reactions I had to the medication my psychiatrist prescribed to make the bad voices go away and He helped me find security in His word. I handed Him my broken heart and He made me whole.  

Anywhere you look you can find joy. 

A baby's smile
The laughter of a child
The cuteness of a puppy
A loved one's embrace
The warmth of a sandy beach
An unexpected surprise
A good family meal
An answer to a prayer
Quiet moments in God's presence
Worship in church


Embrace the joy!

I know if you look hard, you can find joy in your life, and if you can't, contact me and I will share some joy with you. 



Writer's Resource: 1,000 Key Scriptures Bible Wisdom for Your Life
Image credit: studiom1 / 123RF Stock Photo

No comments: